Taylor Auxiliary Police
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years of age with demonstrated maturity and judgment.
- High school or GED certificate required.
- Valid Michigan driver license.
- Have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Have not been convicted of a felony.
- Must have or obtain CPL permit by the time training is completed.
- Live close enough to be able to respond; within a 40-minute commute.
- Possess good reputation, criminal, and traffic records.
- Physically and mentally able to perform all of the established duties and responsibilities related to the position.
- Members must attend a minimum 10 of the scheduled 12 meetings during the year.
- Auxiliary officers must ride patrol on a scheduled basis, a minimum of 20 hours a month unless specifically excused.
- All applications will be reviewed and applicants will undergo a background investigation. Only applicants meeting the needs of the department will be selected.
- All applicants are subject to local record check, fingerprint, state, and FBI record checks.
- Ability to successfully complete the basic curriculum as determined by the Taylor Auxiliary Police Department.
- The above is only a portion of the rules and regulations that govern the operation of the Taylor Auxiliary Police Department.
***Download Application through link below, Fill out completely and email to tapdreq***
You may reach our recruiting department at: (734) 288 - 7678 D.Murray
2020-01 Class Starting in March 2020!!
Lt. Dan Kromer Police Education Center
11011 Pine St
Taylor MI 48180
Drill & Ceremony
Laws of Arrest
Mechanics of Arrest
Motor Vehicle Law
Motor Vehicle Stops
Police Reserve Relations Traffic Control
- Sunday's 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday's 6pm - 10pm
- 16 Weeks Duration
Curriculum identified as an overview and not the total content.